Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Inspiration Everywhere

I am at the Venetian Las Vegas for a work conference.  The quilting inspiration is everywhere.  I am that lady taking picture of tile rugs, carpets, wallpaper, moldings, and other decorative details.  You never know what is going to inspire a quilting pattern or applique design.  I especially love the carpet in my suite...



It's important not to copy something exactly...that could lead to copyright problems.  However, being inspired by things around you is fine.  I find that when I'm creating a pattern from some image I end up changing details to make it my own anyways.  I like the challenge of finding a way to make something new and original.

Here are a few more images from the Venetian Las Vegas I took today.






Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment