Thursday, August 20, 2015

Many Shades of Green

When I am picking green for leaves when appliqueing I tend to have the same problem over and over:  I want to pick all my greens from the same color family.  If I start with blue greens, then they all need to be blue green or gray green or spring green.  I have trouble combining different shades.

Today while out and about we did "Drive Through Corn" at our local garden center.  You get your dozen ears and don't even have to get out of the car!  Well, my mom was driving and I did get out of the car because I needed to snap this picture:


As you can see there are MANY shades of green in these planters and I love it!  I need to remember this next time I pick out leaf fabrics.

As you can see in Harmony's Loop below, I used lots of different grassy green fabrics.  Time to break out of this box!



Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment