You can see below that I used my light box to align the pink pieces on the blue piece before I stuck to the background. It sticks because I'm using Steam-a-Seam 2. If I was using a different fusible, this would be more challenging because you can't fuse the pink pieces to the blue without heat setting the blue. Another advantage of using Steam-a-Seam 2.
Here is the finished block! I love the way it came out. I also really like the purple petals in all those different fabrics and threads.
Here's a close-up of the final flower. Check out all those different purple threads and fabrics! It kind of reminds me of a crazy quilt.
You can see in the picture below how I start and stop my threads. Pick a purple petal. I started at the top with some really small straight stitches that would be covered by a different piece later. Then if you follow the stitching aorund you can see that I did the same thing at the end of the petal, a bunch of small straight stitches, to finish off my stitching. When you are working with a piece that doesn't get covered by another there are other methods to doing this. One is to take tiny stitches and then cover the with blanket stitching. The other is to pull tails to the back and knot them. I do the later in my show quilts, but otherwise I cover my ends with blanket stitching.
The back of the final block before I ripped off the stabilizer.