Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Flower in a Pot #5 - The Quilting

Those of you following my Flower in a Pot Quilt Along know that I'm trying to quilt each one with a different kind of feather.  This pot is quilted with swirl end feathers.  I've not quilted them before so it was fun to do something different.

I started by echo quilting around the flower and pot.  I then used them as the "spine" for my feathers.  This was a little tricky around the leaves.

Here is a view of the back.  It needs more stitching in the flower and pot which I will get to eventually.

Here is a picture once the rick rack that will go in the binding was added.

Here is a close-up of the area near the leaves and how I managed to use the vase as a spine still.  It was challenging, but I didn't want to have to fill it with something else.

The final quilt!  Look for the pattern coming Saturday.  And don't forget to join my Machine Applique Adventures Facebook group!

No comments:

Post a Comment