Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Flower in a Pot #9

I was so excited to make this last pot in the Flower in a Pot Quilt Along that I completely forgot to take pictures along the way!  Oops.



Here is the first two layers of pieces.  I really love these leaves.  They're make a statement.



Here is the block mostly finished without the top piece of the flower.  I had a really hard time choosing a pot fabric for this flower.  I knew right away that I wanted the flower to be red so I went in search of a fabric that would work for the pot and had red.  It was really hard to find a batik that fit this!  Thus I ended up with a fairly simple dot print.  I like the end result.



Here is the back of the block at this point.  If you look closely you can see how I stop and start when I know a piece is going to be put on top.



And here is the final block.  Check out the top of the flower!  I totally fussy cut that piece to look like it radiated.  It's from a batik that had circles of dots that got larger as you went out.  This is also a sneak peak at the quilting.  More on that on Saturday!

And don't forget to join my Machine Applique Adventures Facebook group!

I hope you get a chance to quilt today!
Suzy

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! And the leaves do make a statement . . . it almost looks like you added seed beads to the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry but I don't see pattern for #9. tx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern will be available this Wednesday

      Delete