Saturday, July 23, 2016

Quilting a Busy Background

I love this little table topper I've been working on.  It was fun choosing a gradation of greens to use for the leaves.


One dilemma I had was how to quilt it.  The background is a gorgeous swirly batik that I love, but the pattern makes it hard to quilt anything but swirls in it.  You can see in the picture below that I decided to use a darker tan thread and simply quilt some of the lines of the circles.  When I couldn't get to the middle of a circle I simply added and extra small circle to get there.  This was a really fast and fun way to quilt.



Below is the back of the quilt so far.  You can see there is a big open area where the flowers are.  I need to add some quilting there.



And a last look at the center of the quilt.  I am glad I used a darker thread for the quilting because I think it makes it really show up and I like that effect.  If I am going to the effort I want to see what I did.



I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

2 comments:

  1. The quilting is perfect on that background - sets off the fabric very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for quilting! And you green leaves seem to glow due to the color gradation, beautiful effect overall.

    ReplyDelete