Friday, August 19, 2016

Free Motion Friday - Eyes

Today's design is Eyes.  I have no idea where this idea came from, but I was doodling during my son's violin lesson and there it was.


The written directions are here.  I must admit I procrastinated this week because I had to unpack my classroom (I teach 3rd grade) in a new building and it's consumed a lot of time this week.  And when I went to video tape tonight, dead battery.  Oops.  I'll try to get that uploaded as soon as I have battery power back!

Here are my photographs of the process.  Start by stitching in the ditch around the rectangle.



Start by making an eyeball shape, or marquis shape.  Then travel along one edge to the middle and stitch a circle.  Then travel to where you want to start your next shape.


Here's what I did when I came to the edge of the rectangle.


Almost half done!  If you make all the eyes come together at a point they could make a pretty flower.  I didn't do it, but it occurred to me.


Just a little more to go.  If you look in the center of the picture you can see a couple small little circles.  I ended up with some larger triangular spaces I wanted to fill so I threw in a little circle.  You don't have to, but I wanted to fill the space.


All done!  I hope you like the Eyes.


See you next Friday for some more free motion fun!  Don't forget to share what you've been doing with your sampler in my Machine Applique Adventures Facebook group!

I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment