Saturday, August 27, 2016

Meeting my Fellow Minnesota Island Batik Ambassador!

Today I had the opportunity to meet one of my fellow Island Batik Ambassadors from Minnesota Vicki.  Where to meet?  Duh!  A quilt shop.  The fantastic All in Stitches in Zumbrota, Minnesota.  I haven't been there in three months and I was itching to go back. Check out Vicki's blog Vicki's Crafts and Quilting.


Besides both of us being from Minnesota, the other reason we were meeting was so that I could give her a copy of my new book Folk Art Quilted Traditions so she can work on a project for me!  I can't wait to see what all my bloggy friends create from my book.  The blog hop will be October 10-14!  Make sure you come back and check it out.

And here's a peak at the back of my new show quilt that will debut at Quiltweek Des Moines in October.  If you've been following my blog for awhile you have seen what I referred to as Blog Quilt #1, the project that started it all.  Here's the front before it was quilted.


And here's a peek at the back.  More in October when in debuts!


I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

4 comments:

  1. How Fun, and how beautiful the quilt is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and congrats!!!! Great to see you, Vicki!!! Us Minnesotans have to support one another, hmmmmm? Great shop, too. Sending hugs from (near) Houston....MN!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun that you got to meet Vicki! Can't wait for your book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome that you got to meet up with Vicki. I love seeing blogging friends actually meeting up in real life. Looking forward to your blog hop in October.

    ReplyDelete