Friday, September 30, 2016

Free Motion Friday - Double Triangles

It's time for another Free Motion Friday!  I was doodling with triangles one day when I came up with this design.  It's a large triangle with a small triangle bump inside the bottom side of the triangle.  Then it's echoed around once to help with definition.  Directions found Double Triangles can be found here.


I started by making the basic shape: a triangle with a wedge in the bottom.  Then echoing around it once.  I then start a new triangle or travel along my previous stitching to get to where I want to start next.  I did not worry about size/width when making my triangles.  I just wanted them all to be triangles.


Here you can see me traveling along my stitching to get to where I want to start my next triangle.


If you look behind the needle you can see that one of my triangles goes right to the edge and would technically continue under the border.  That's what you have to do when you run out of space!


Another in progress picture.


And the final result.  It's hind of haphazard, but I like that about this design.


Don't forget to share pictures of your practice on my Machine Applique Adventures Facebook Group!  I love to see what you're up to.

I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

1 comment:

  1. This kind of reminds me of ice crystals on a frozen window that's just beginning to warm up and the crystals slide down. And in case you're wondering what I've been drinking, it's only coffee!! :)

    ReplyDelete