Friday, September 2, 2016

Free Motion Friday - Ornament Chain

I love this pattern!  It's inspired by a zentangle design I saw someone post on Facebook.  Free motion quilting is one of my favorite parts of quilting.  This particular design is done on an Island Batik solid called Cherry.  It is almost solid and just gorgeous.


The directions for Ornament Chain are here.

Start by making a circle about 1 - 1 1/2 inches in diameter.


Ad two sets of curves inside the circle.  They don't have to be perfectly spaced to have a nice effect.  I know.  Mine aren't perfect.


Then go back and add bubbles in the center.  Then make the next circle and repeat until you get to the other side of the block.


When you get to the end of a row, stitch in the ditch until you get to where you want to start the next row.


When you get to and edge and don't have room, do a partial circle to fill the space.                                       

And the final results!  It makes me feel like Christmas is coming.



I'd love to see how your projects are going!  Please share your pictures on my Machine Applique Adventures Facebook Group.  

I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

1 comment:

  1. How cute! And how appropriate for the upcoming season. Thanks for another great design for quilting.

    ReplyDelete