Friday, December 9, 2016

Free Motion Friday - Outlines Leaves

It's Free Motion Friday and time for a new design!  This one is called Outlined Leaves.  You can find the written directions for it here.

I love leaves and since it's winter and snowy outside.  I miss the leaves!  But the snow is fun to play in for the kids.  And it looks beautiful.  Especially when I don't have to go anywhere!


Start by stitching in the ditch around the block.  Then make a leaf shape about 2 inches in length.


Add three veins to the bottom of the leaf.


Outline the leaf two times about 1/8 to 1/4 inch from the edge of the original.


Travel to where you want to start your next leaf and make another following the same steps.


Here's the first 4 leaves I stitched.


And the final block!  It's hard to believe that there are only about 10 blocks left on my quilt!


I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment