So, here we go!
Accomplished in 2016:
1. I became an ambassador for the amazing Island Batiks! I hope to be one again in 2017! For them I created a ton of fun quilts using their gorgeous fabric.
2. I published my first quilting book! Folk Art Quilted Traditions
3. Technically this happened in 2016 (I did it yesterday), but it's really for 2017. I now have a MN tax ID and a card reader and paypal account for selling my book! Let me know if you'd like a copy and I will send you a Paypal invoice. You can find my email on my contact me page at the top of my blog.
4. I was asked to create a quilt for the small quilt auction at International Quilt Festival Houston. It was an honor and it sold for over $100 and I got to meet the lovely woman who purchased it!
5. Meeting a lady who had already purchased my book and fabric for the quilt and was starting to get ready to make my quilt in Houston! She made me day, We were equally excited to meet each other.
6. Making connections in the quilting industry with Hobbs, Island Batiks, Superior Threads, and WonderFil and connecting with other fabulous quilters too,.
7. Making my first English Paper Pieced top by machine. Yes, you read that right! By machine. It was so much easier. I definitely need to play with this more! Here's a preview....more to come in the next few weeks.
8. My first applique quilt along....the Flower in a Pot series (link at the top of my blog)
9. Started my first Machine Quilting Quilt Along...the Brick Wall series and Free Motion Fridays (link at the top of my blog)
10. My three show quilts that have been traveling have done well. Harmony's Loop took a prize at Paducah Quiltweek, my group quilt Midnight Dreams took first place in Houston at IQA, and Kaboom! took Best Machine Quilting at the Minnesota Quilter's show.
1. Write a pattern for Island Batiks
2. Try to get articles/patterns published in magazines (I have one coming out in the March/April issue of Machine Quilting Unlimited! I can't wait to see it and share it!)
3. Finish that show quilt that's been sitting still for the last 6 months.
4. I will have my first solo exhibit of some of my blog quilts at the Minnesota Quilter's Show in Duluth in June :)
5. I will be teaching/lecturing at local quilt guilds here in MN and in WI. I'm excited!
6. Hopefully I will start teaching at Forever Gifts Boutique in Prescott, WI.
7. Use Paypal and my card reader correctly and hopefully enough to justify the initial expense
8. Think about what's next....another book? An online class? There are thoughts, but what do I really want to do? I'm not sure yet...
9. I have a piece of embroidery I want to do a "quilting vintage" quilt with
What I do know is that I want to keep quilting and exploring new things. It's what I love to do with my art. I like to stretch myself and explore and make beautiful art.
Island Batiks has a giveaway on their blog right now. Check it out:
I hope you get to quilt today!