Friday, February 24, 2017

Free Motion Friday - Cupcakes

This is the LAST design in the blocks of the Brick Wall Quilt Along!  WOW.  Don't worry, there will be a few border designs and then Free Motion Fridays will continue with new and exciting quilting!


This last design is called Cupcakes because it reminds me of those Little Debbie Cupcakes with the white frosting swirls on top.  You know, the ones you loved as a kid but detest as an adult?

I'm trying a larger font size after reading Tammy's post from last time.  It was so much easier to read on my screen.  Let me know what you think in the comments please.  

To start making cupcakes, make a circle 1-2 inches in diameter.  Then stitch a curly line through the middle as shown below.



Next stitch back along the other side to outline the curls as shown below.


Stitch along the outside circle until you get to where you want to start your next circle.


Here's the final product.  It makes me hungry for cupcakes...



I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment