Friday, July 28, 2017

My First Experiment with Rulers

I started this piece about a year ago, but just got around to quilting it.  I decided to do some divide and then design because it only has the flowers you see below.  I started with the spikes you can see.

The marking was done with a white Clover Iron Off Pen.  It works great even on light fabrics if you go over the line more than once.

This piece was also the first time I used rulers.  It was quite the adventure.

More outlining complete. 

Here I used a ruler to make these lines.  They aren't evenly spaced, but are pretty good and they are straight for the most part. 

Next I tried marking the lines first so I had something to follow.

It turned out well and was helpful.

Straight lines all done.  I love the effect that they give!

More on this quilt next week.

I hope you get to quilt today!


  1. Looking good! And the lines will blend in more as you add more and you won't notice if a few are not perfect:)