Friday, March 2, 2018

Free Motion Friday - Filled Feathers - Idea 2

I wanted to put a braid into my feathers this week.  I started with hooked on feathers.


Then I started filling the feathers with braid.


In the picture below I went back over the center of the braid so all of the lines in the braid were doubled.


Here you can see me going back over the centers.


What about a skinny braid?!  I love it.  You have to be careful to follow the feather's curve as you go.


What if you keep the braid close to one edge? This happens....


What if you curve the braid chunks.....


Or if the two braids are next to each other at the bottom of the feather...


I LOVE THIS TEXTURE!  I can't wait to play with this some more.  Those braids REALLY stand out.


I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

2 comments: