Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Island Batik Ambassador's Looking Back, Vintage Challenge - The Quilting Part 1

The top is done!  So now for the quilting!  This Island Batik Ambassador Challenge has been so much fun.



I pulled out my favorite Aurifil threads of course!  I have so many it's usually easy to find a match, but burgundy can sometimes be a challenge.  I managed to find just the right color happily!  I layered it with a piece of my favorite Hobbs 80/20 cotton/poly batting.


I did some ripples in the orange here.  It's kind of hard to see.  I wanted to do something simple to let the fabric pop.


However, in the white (it actually has fun gray dots on it) I wanted to do something that would be fun.  I decided upon a flower sampler.  Each area has a large flower, most have leaves too.  All of them are different!  Here are the flowers I have already quilted.

This first one looks like a dogwood bloom and I love the crazy leaves around it.



This almost looks like a blooming rose.  I really like it.


To go with the theme I had to do rosebuds.  I used to draw them like this when I was a kid.  It was fun to quilt it and I must admit I'm a bit surprised that I'd never though of it before.


This one is totally out there....but sort of fun.  Not my favorite, but I am NOT ripping it out!


I like that this flower has a triangle in the center.  And the bubbly leaves were fun too.


Come back Saturday for the full reveal!

I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

6 comments:

  1. Awesome quilting - love those rosebuds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when I have thread that matches in my stash. So many fun quilting designs. I really like the rosebuds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this quilt! And the flower you quilted that you say is not your favorite, reminds me of a court jester.

    ReplyDelete