Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Island Batik Ambassadors Modern Quilt Challenge #3 - Part 1

This is my third quilt for the Island Batik Ambassadors Modern Quilt Challenge.  The first two didn't meet the size requirements (that's what I get for not reading the directions first, LOL).  So I designed this quilt to be crib size and I'm sure that a future baby will enjoy it.  I used some turquoise scraps and a peachy/orange for an accent color.  Here's the top hanging on my design wall. 



I started by stitching matchsticks in the small 1 inch sections of both blue and orange.  Then I added a geometric spiral in centers and a repeated circle pattern in the larger outer sections. 






 You'll have to come back Friday to see what I did to the background!

I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

2 comments: