It was a bit of a challenge to sew around the pink piece on the bottom part of the pot. I needed to make sure that my stitches covered up the purple stitches I'd already sewn. Double blanket stitch certainly made this a lot easier.
I got "sew" excited when I was stitching this block I completely forgot to take pictures between steps! Oops. Here are some from further along.
It was a challenge to find gray/green threads for stitching the two darker green fabrics in this block. I tried a few different brands before I found one that was close. And it happened to be some thread a friend gave me as part of a box set. I guess I do need to branch out in my green threads and get some more of the gray and brown tones of green. Who knew?
Here is a closeup of all the green pieces with their stitching. I had a really hard time figuring out what color thread to use on the largest green piece. I ended up ripping out two other colors that stood out too much before settling on the final choice. Ripping double blanket stitching is a pain. Make sure you like your thread choice early on! You don't want to have to rip out a lot of double blanket stitching. Been there, done that, it's no fun.
You can also see that I chose a slightly lighter pink to stitch the big round circle in. I did this to try to draw your eye to it.
I totally forgot to take a picture of the block before I pinned it for quilting! Here it is all set to go. You can see I put pins every 2-3 inches. I also try to make them go every which way so the backing fabric can't shift.
Come check out my Machine Applique Adventures Facebook group and see some lovely applique eye candy!
Happy Saturday and Happy Birthday Mom! I can't wait to spend the day stitching with you.