Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Flower in a Pot #5 - Part One

Back to the Flower in a Pot Series today with Flower in a Pot #5.  This is truly one of my favorites in the series.  I fell in love with the chevron batik for the pot.  I decided on a lot of different purples for the feathers and then worked from there.  You can see that as I cut out pieces I place them on my pattern to test them.

Most of these pieces fell into place easily (this doesn't always happen).  I had fun fussy cutting the fabric for the green stem as well.  I later changed this fabric because I felt that the two green fabrics read too much the same and it made the greens boring.  If you look at the next picture you can see that I changed the stem to a light green and it adds some interest to the block.

I got so excited about stitching this block that I completely forgot to take pictures!  I decided to stitch all the purple petals in different shades of purple thread.  It makes it really fun to look at.  It also made me realize that I need more purple threads!  I ended up having to repeat thread for the center petal.

Here you can really see the different purple threads on the petals!

More on Saturday!  Don't forget to join my Machine Applique Adventures Group on Facebook.

1 comment: