Monday, May 30, 2016

All in Stitches, Zumbrota, Minnesota

Since it's a holiday weekend I decided I needed to visit a new quilt shop!  My mother insisted we go to All in Stitches in Zumbrota, Minnesota which is about 50 minutes south of my home.  I am so glad she did!  We had a blast.

Mom is working her La Passacaglia quilt and is trying to pick a border for it.  We think we found one.  Yay!


I had a ton of fun poking around the shop.   It's quite impressive.  They have the largest collection of thread I've seen locally: Sue Spargo, Invisifil, Aurifil Wool, and many others.  I of course came home with 8 spools!  I told you....I am addicted to threads.

Here are a few pictures of the lovely shop.





Orange is this kiddo's favorite.  He must take after his mother.  I love it too!


There were lots of different trims and rick rack and buttons and embellishments.  It was great fun to poke around and check everything out.  I'm sure I missed a lot.  I look forward to my next trip!

We also had fun picking out fabric for my 7 year old son's first official quilt.  He wants to enter it in Machine Quilter's Exposition Midwest this fall.  He's a very competitive kid and really excited by the idea.  We bought a simple pattern and I too am excited to get started on it once school is out.

I hope this all brings you some inspiration.  It certainly did for me.

Happy Memorial Day!
Suzy

3 comments: