Friday, February 17, 2017

Free Motion Friday - Double Tulips

Two more designs to go until we finish all the blocks and can quilt the borders!  I can hardly believe it.  This design is called double tulips.  It was inspired by some gorgeous tulips my husband bought me for Valentine's Day.


Start by making a tulip shape as shown below.  This is about 1 inch tall and 1 1/2 inches wide.


Next, go back and do an outline around the tulip about 1/8 inch away from the original line.


Either start the next tulip where you are or backtrack to where you want to start your next tulip.


Below I had to make a tiny tulip because it's all I had space for.  That's okay.


Look at the left center.  It's a tiny tulip outline and that's it.  I needed to fill the space somehow and that seemed the most logical to me.  It's hard to find it once it's lost amidst all the other tulips.


And the final design all done.


I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment