Saturday, February 25, 2017

Painting Fun from Houston ala Sarah Ann Smith

GUESS WHAT!  For the first time ever I had more than 1,000 blog views yesterday!  WOW.  

Now, back to the blogging...


So...a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away known as Houston 2016 I took a great class with Sarah Ann Smith.  We started by painting with Lumiere paint.  I've used Lumiere before but I forgot how much fun it could be.  I started with an original design.  

I mixed the paints some so they gradated from green to light blue.  It was really fun.  Then we let it dry and layered it for quilting.  I started this part in class.

I'm sorry this picture is so blurry, but I can't go back to Houston and change it (Maybe in November!).  I started by stitching some in a pink thread adding quilted details coming into my leaves.


Then I stitched the other side of the leaves in a variegated thread.  It was a lot of fun to add the texture. 


Then I sat staring at the quilt trying to figure out what to do next.  I really liked this little quilt and I didn't want to mess it up.  Sarah suggested pebbles down the middle of the feathers. So I went for it...


Yup.  The pebbles were so worth it.  But class was over, so I brought my little quilt home.  And hung it on my design wall.  Where it stayed for a LONG time because I was scared to screw it up!

Come back Wednesday to see how I continued this fun project!

I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

6 comments:

  1. They look just right. What a wonderful piece. I'll be back Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great little quilt!! I have done a quilt using Inktense pencils, but not paints--it is on my list!! I enjoyed your article in MQU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this wee fun block Love the aqua and pink combination. Looking forward to next week. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your painting and your quilting - I'm looking forward to seeing how it's progressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty! I love the painting/quilting combo

    ReplyDelete