Friday, May 26, 2017

Free Motion Friday - Silk Trial Piece #1

Over the next few weeks I'm going to show you the three silk trial pieces I did all quilted up!  I'm excited to share them.  For these small samples (they're 8 x 10 inches or so) I decided to just quilt what came to me when I sat down.

This piece of background fabric an accident.  I put it on top of my ironing board to catch leftover dye when I was ironing dry pieces of Dupioni Silk using Terial Magic stiffener.  I decided it was a fun border so I put a butterfly of Dupioni silk and leather (body) on it and then had fun quilting it.


Here you can see the background fill.  I did circles and random things inside circles.  I wasn't worried about being perfect so many of them are a little wonky looking.


For the top and bottom I used a 50 weight variegated Aurifil Cotton thread in pink that I received as an Island Batik Ambassador.  It was so fun to watch it changing color and I like the look over the dye.


I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment