Saturday, May 13, 2017

Island Batik Ambassadors Modern Batik Challenge

It's time for May's Island Batik Ambassadors Challenge and this one is Modern Batiks!  I am loving the simplicity of modern quilts and I had a blast designing this one!  It uses Tammy Silver of Tamarini's new line of fabric debuting this coming weekend at Quilt Market in St. Louis.  It's called Batiks Go Retro and it's an absolutely fun filled line.  I can't wait to play some more with it.



Here's a closeup of some one of the central blocks.  I used Tri-Recs Rulers to help cut out some of the pieces including a continuous diamond and half diamonds in the peach.  I must admit I tested them on some scrap fabric first to make sure they came out the right size.


And here's the back.  You can see more of graffiti quilting here.  My good friend Karen let me play with her Bernina Q20.  It was a fun and potentially dangerous ($) experience!


Come back next Friday for my Free Motion Fridays to see more detail shots of the graffiti quilting.  

I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

7 comments: