Saturday, June 17, 2017

Clam Flower #4 - Part 2

Here's the second part of Clam Flower #4.  I had a lot of fun playing with fabric to get just the right dark orange for this block.  


Here's the back at this stage.


And the finished block.  Silly me forgot to take a last picture, so here it is in the finished top. You'll have to wait to see the whole quilt!  You can see that I fussy cut a batik fabric that was green with orange dots for the bases of the flowers.  Fussy cutting is so much fun!


This picture also shows the finished shape of the blocks...indeed they are clam shells!

I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh Suzy another wee treasure I can see another book coming out later with these lovely lovely wee blocks. Thanks so much for sharing its great to see your neat workmanship from the back also. stunning colours as usual Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete