Friday, August 18, 2017

Free Motion Friday - Inspired by Machine Quilting Unlimited Contest

I was super excited to find out yesterday that my entry into Machine Quilting Unlimited's Inspired by MQU is one of the finalists!  

Machine Quilting Unlimited is definitely my favorite quilting magazine and I pondered what to do for my project for quite a while.  Then the last magazine came with Karen Stone's amazing OG quilt on the cover.  The idea came to me instantly.  I had 3 weeks to get the quilt done from start to finish.  But, it was summer vacation and I had time, so why not?  Sometimes deadlines are inspiring.

I made it with a few days to spare, but not without dilemmas.  The main one being that the fabric decided to run when I blocked it.  Thank goodness for Margaret Solomon Gunn's blog post about bleeding.  It saved the quilt!

I don't want to share the whole piece until we find out the winners, but here are a few sneak peeks.



 
You can see that I quilted it to death...as usual!


I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment