Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Quilting my Father's Digital Art - Part 2

I started quilting dad's art by doing a sashiko pattern across the entire surface. This was a challenge because I wasn't sure I wanted to wet the fabric and I wasn't sure how I was going to mark it.  I started with thin doctor paper (the kind that is on the doctor's exam tables) marked in my design.  This didn't last long as I realized I didn't want to rip it all off.  So I marked dots with a purple air erase pen to know where my curves were.  I used five different colors of pink Aurifil 50 weight thread to accomplish this down the length of the quilt.  I knew I had to change colors as the quilt gets darker and darker.


Then I wanted to add so pizzazz to the black lines so I found this AMAZING Wonderfil GlaMore thread which is 12 weight rayon with a twist of metallic in it.  I went through the needle beautifully and only broke once on me.


Here I am testing it out finding the right tension.


See the bottom line?  It has GlaMore on the bottom.  It adds just a few hints of sparkle.


Here is one line all done.  Both sides have been stitched.


Come back Saturday for the next step...BEADS!

You can find all my dad's art on his website here.

I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment