Saturday, September 8, 2018

Futuristic Flower Part 6

Since this quilt background is chambray denim, I knew that I needed a larger than normal thread weight in order to make my stitching visible.  I decided to use a 28 weight Aurifil cotton in the top and a 50 weight Aurifil cotton in the bobbin.  You can definitely see my stitches.  First I outlined around the flowers and vase and added bibles in the small spaces between flowers.


Then I added a feathered swag coming out of the vase and flowing to the bottom of the quilt.


I decided the feathers needed some pizzazz so I added a braid inside some of them, but not all of them because that would be overwhelming and a lot of work.


I then outlined the swag to add definition.


I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

2 comments:

  1. Love your appliqué, and the quilting. Great thread choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just found your blog from the my house blog hop. I really like your style, I started looking through your blog and my mind screams, "can you be my teacher!" thank you for sharing what you do. I am looking forward to being able to watch some of the things you create.

    ReplyDelete