Friday, October 26, 2018

Free Motion Friday - Island Batik Ambassador's Needle Paper Scissors Challenge Part 3

It's time for the reveal of my Needle Paper Scissors Challenge for Island Batik Ambassadors!  Here it is!  I used the Kwik Sparklers patter from Two Kwik Quilts.  I also used the All a Flutter collection from Island Batiks.  I ran out of the pink I was using for the binding so I added in a little blue.  I like the pop it brings to the edge.



For the batting in this project I chose Hobb's Tuscany Collectoin 100% Wool.  It's fantastic and nice and lofty.


I also used Aurifil threads.  It was different this time however.  I used a 28 weight black thread in the top and a 50 weight in the bobbin.  It worked fantastically.



I had a lot of fun quilting this piece.  I did alternating lines of flowers and geometric spirals.  I like the juxtaposition of geometric and organic it brings.



If you are in Houston for Quilt Market you can see this in the Two Kwik Quilter's booth #101!

I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment